Tuesday, November 16, 2010

While the cat's away, the mice will play.

In my case, it should be,
"When the tom's away, the cat will play."
While Doug's been halfway around the world 
I've been working on a few projects.

This window frame came from Mom Davidson's cabin in Minnesota.
We strapped it to the top of the car and drove it home to Arizona one summer.


I added a Picture of Quartz Lake from a backpack trip last summer 
and this is the result.  
A funky, junky, shabby, chippy picture.
(It's 18" x 24.")


And these solid wood $5 garage sale tables....
(which were stained and dirty, though not evident from the photo)


I sanded and chemically stripped, painted and stained. 
 Not satisfied with that look, so more sanding and painting. 
 And then not liking that look either, 
so more painting and sanding and then distressing it some more.
Not sure I'm really loving it and not sure what hubs will think, 
BUT it's certainly way cheaper then the ready-made coffee tables we've seen.




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE both of your projects! The tables look really fabulous as a coffee table. Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can my name be carved on the back of the Quartz Lake picture in the window frame? That and Grandma and Grandpa's old table...

    Wish you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the projects, Sue. What fun to see all your work.

    ReplyDelete